First time

I came across this forum on Friday, my day off spent the whole night reading. Then Saturday morning at seven went house hunting, found one in my farm looked up the owner and called. After introductions asked if they wanted to sell the house, luckily she said yes. Then asked how much mortgage is left, she was annoyed and said it was none of my business, what did I do wrong?

Well there are lots of good responses but now days I’m not a nice guy and I say something like it sounds like I hit a sensitive area, I’m sorry if your having financial problems, I just though I was talking to someone who wanted to sell their house. Sorry if I upset you, I"ll just look for a property elsewhere, thank you for your time. ( don’t hang up, pause, then say I won’t bother you again, hope things get better.)(again the slow hangup)

They may say well it is personal information or some such thing. And then you can say well using the existing financing can often get you a better price and so it is important information for someone structuring a purchase to consider and for you to consider too. Or you can can be a nice guy and skip my first part but it has worked for me to get the seller talking.

You didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just that some people do not prefer sharing such information.