What kind of investor are you?

Do you buy and flip? Invest for cash flow like a NNN? Maybe your in the development business? What is your strategy and why?

kind of investor

I’ve never wanted to limit myself to only one strategy. Even when starting, it seemed like every deal was different. I’ve always felt that “To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.”

1. Buy and hold, great niche to build assets, income and wealth.
  2. Flip short term cash out
  3. REOs some great prices, have to be selective, know values, and repair costs.
  4. Properties not for sale, no competition.
  5. MLS, same as #3
  6. Auctions, niche not for everyone, sometimes bleow market prices, sometimes not.
  7. Sheriff Sales, all cash niche limits number of buyers
  8. Tax Sales, same as #7.
  9. Life Estates, very narrow niche, but little competition
  10. FSBO, same as #3

Buy and hold. You will only have true wealth when holding on to real estate.

For me, it’s a combination but evolving tactics. My ultimate goal an investor is passive income. When I first started out, my idea of passive income was that it was, well, passive. Since then I realized that there are very few investments that are truly passive. You MUST be involved to make sure systems are in place and you’re achieving results.

While passive income is the goal, the way you get there is different. For me, I have combined flipping houses with buying and holding apartment buildings. The house flips produced cash that I could invest in apartments.

The trouble is that house flips are not passive at all, and can take up a lot of time. Over the last few years, I have replaced that activity with raising money from private individuals, and investing THAT money in apartments.

I agree with aristotle that long term wealth is created with buy and hold. You just gotta figure out what the most efficient way is to get there, what suits your personality, and what is the most fun for you.

For me, I enjoy the art of the deal -:wink:

Michael

I have just started off with this investor kind of thing. I decided to invest into condominiums. I found the concept of condominium very interesting. Before investing in this, I took help from a real estate counselor. When I told him the plan of condominiums he told me to go forward with it.