brainstorming - Posted by Mary (CA)

Posted by saul on January 06, 2010 at 18:05:48:

Could be used for section 8 housing,detox after care center get medicare involved. shout me an e-mail and we
discuss this further

brainstorming - Posted by Mary (CA)

Posted by Mary (CA) on November 21, 2009 at 19:51:29:

What do you do when you find a potential investment and don’t know what to do with it? That’s where I am, and would love some suggestions or even modest proposals …

5000 sf
18 bedrooms (good size, maybe 12x12 or 14x14)
6 (?) bathrooms (I lost count)
commercial kitchen
meeting hall
storage rooms everywhere (???)
8 garages
maybe 25 parking spaces in fenced yard (entire ppty .4 acres)
zoned general commercial
(former union hall)
needs to be gutted, code violations, lead paint, bad plumbing, way insufficient electrical(maybe 50 amp box?), total redesign wouldn’t hurt)
say $40/sf and motivated sellers (fading union, from 1000 in 1950 to 8 today and property tax due on 12/10 - they reminded me of this)

I came up with …

1. club house for private clubs (most are struggling and headed for closure; close to downtown but not particularly nice area) :frowning:
  2. hostel (but who’d want to travel to our town and stay in a hostel?)
    and
  3. homeless shelter (more than needed; ours is maxed out; but funding tends to be government or non-profit, and there’s no money left; besides how does an investor make money off that scenario?)

Any ideas? Totally off the wall would be fine too, as I can’t think of anything else.

Thanks for any input,

Mary
gtlcafe at yahoo.com

Re: brainstorming - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on November 22, 2009 at 15:00:20:

Rooming house.$100 a week share a bath and kitchen with 5 or 6 other rooms.Owner pays heat, lights,trash removal water etc

Re: brainstorming - Posted by cork horner

Posted by cork horner on November 26, 2009 at 12:58:56:

Mary, i like your approach to brainstorming and creativity.
Shoot me an email for a little synergy perhaps.

cork horner
san diego
Ideas Unlimited