Hello! - Posted by Steven Ransom

Posted by Woody on March 14, 2011 at 14:51:25:

It’s is a pretty basic concept and true, and impotant we starting out.

Hello! - Posted by Steven Ransom

Posted by Steven Ransom on March 10, 2011 at 10:26:47:

Hello!, my name is Steven, and I’m new to real estate investing. I’m looking to learn all about real estate (residential) and how to invest in real estate. I would like to request any information (on residential/foreclourse/REO’s) that you may have in help me to start, and/or understand the process it takes in investing in these areas of real estate. And to guide me in building a successful real estate investing business.

As I said before I’m new to real estate investing and seeking as much information as possible to help me to build/understanad; my real estate investment business.

I want to be total honest with you, I’m starting my education by read; the Carloton Sheets No-Down payment on “How to buy Your First Home Or Investmenet Property.” I also have books on Real Estate such as: Michigan Real Estate Principles & Practies, Fundamentals of Real Estate Appraisal, and Investing in Real Estate and last; Real Estate Fundamentals. I would like to know if these books are what I need really need to begin, and If I look forward to find or assosicating someone who has the experience in real estate to help me with my education of real estate.

I’m looking forward networking with like minded investors.

Steven Ransom
1 313 739-5210

Re: Hello! - Posted by Woody

Posted by Woody on March 13, 2011 at 21:12:06:

Steven-

I got Carleton Sheets program back in the 80s. I think he relies to heavy on banks however. I always recommend to new investors to try your hand using no banks -no debt- Banks and financing become a crutch and weakens the creative thought for real estate investing.

As you read, pick a technique or two, and dig deeper to become an expert in one technique and then move to another. You may find a nitch that fits what you are wanting to do.

Re: Hello! - Posted by Steven Ransom

Posted by Steven Ransom on March 14, 2011 at 02:16:52:

Quote by Carloton Sheets: “When looking for solutions to challenges in real estate investing, don’t be shackled by restrictions and limitations that are imposed on you by convention or tradtion. Think ofyour solutions not as abnormal or unconventional, but as practical for you andthe seller. Also, don’t worry about rejection not because you will never be rejected (oftentime you will be ) but because worrying about rejection is mentally draining and truly irrelevant to what you are trying to achieve.”

Successful people always face more rejection and failure than those who are not successful because successful people are not afraid of rejection. through our ailures, we learn vauable lessons. Finally, don’t let being good at what you are doing stop you from becoming even better.

But you knew this back in the 80’s