Is it profitable to sue RE Investors?

I am a new attorney and am beginning to see how lucrative suing creative investors can be. All these wrap deals, subject too brings with it great possibility of future disputes.

Do any attorneys specialize in suing investors for mispresentations, breach of contract and even negligence theories?

There’s one in my state of Colorado and he’s a WORM. Don’t specialize in suing small business owners, it’s bad for America and bad for your reputation. Instead, be a creative SOLUTION to make sure investors do things right by the book.

I fully agree

Not often do you find 2 lawyers in agreement over much of anything but here I totally agree with BB…don’t start fooling with small junk like this or pretty soon nobody will take you seriously.

And work on being THE authority on how to structure JVs and group ownership deals so that only the serious and straight buyers come aboard and work together so as to avoid in-fighting and squabbles.

This field is much like the world of rentals & leases…a lawyer can spend all his time chasing the bad tenant (usually w/o any good result) or he can become the leading authority on structuring leases and screening tenants so as to screen out the problem would-be-tenant before hie/she ever get into the property.

[QUOTE=John Merchant;890919]Not often do you find 2 lawyers in agreement over much of anything but here I totally agree with BB…don’t start fooling with small junk like this or pretty soon nobody will take you seriously.

And work on being THE authority on how to structure JVs and group ownership deals so that only the serious and straight buyers come aboard and work together so as to avoid in-fighting and squabbles.

This field is much like the world of rentals & leases…a lawyer can spend all his time chasing the bad tenant (usually w/o any good result) or he can become the leading authority on structuring leases and screening tenants so as to screen out the problem would-be-tenant before hie/she ever get into the property.[/QUOTE]

nice post John Merchant… I totally agree with you.