Re: Doing Deals - Posted by Max-Va

Posted by Max-Va on February 23, 2009 at 20:48:05:

Natalie,
Congratulations to you and Drew also.
Count me in on dinner and drinks especially if you are buying
Max

Re: Doing Deals - Posted by Drew (VA)

Posted by Drew (VA) on February 23, 2009 at 16:40:04:

Ho Ho! I got this in writing, I printed it out incase you edit your reply! Natalie, were are we going for dinner, I’m right down the street from you! Gimme a time and I’ll be there!

-Drew

Re: Doing Deals - Posted by KC

Posted by KC on February 23, 2009 at 09:26:16:

Do these 3 sales revolve around bank financing?

What do you feel is the liklihood that ALL 3 are going to go through?

Dinner AND Drinks are on you if they do!

Are these located in CA? - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on February 23, 2009 at 13:34:39:

Just wondering because I have not seen prices like this here yet…

Re: List you last three Deals Here - Posted by JB

Posted by JB on February 23, 2009 at 09:24:19:

Owner died 2 years ago.

We’re closing next week.

Re: List you last three Deals Here - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on February 23, 2009 at 08:49:41:

JB: great to hear about a subject-to probate deal. What’s your plan to
eventually get title?

Re: List you last three Deals Here - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on February 26, 2009 at 12:29:22:

Red Cross, local women’s shelter, & Dept. Social Services. There may be more here, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten in getting out the word. Payment can be made by the agency. the family, or a combination, depending on the situation. Because of this area is mostly poor already, & hit heavily by the economic woes, there is greater need for such housing. I’m willing to work w/the agencies on a case by case basis, & since this is my only vacancy I can be very flexible, including gratis if necessary. The only thing I w/not cover is utilities. Haven’t added it all up, but I don’t think I have more than $4-500 in furnishings (+ many hours @ the sewing machine), & the PR/goodwill is worth that–besides, I’ve had fun.

Tye

Re: List you last three Deals Here - Posted by Celeste-fl

Posted by Celeste-fl on February 25, 2009 at 02:48:16:

These are houses. I do buy mobiles on land, but with houses being so cheap I’m buying all that I can find. Very few people are buying here right now. They are scared and think its the end of the world. I don’t see how I can get hurt at these prices.

JT, I feel so overlooked… - Posted by Michaela-CA

Posted by Michaela-CA on February 24, 2009 at 12:04:02:

my purple mohawk is all droopy :-(. You didn’t even comment on my deals: 63K into 5 units with about 30k gross income. I’m not doing too bad, either.

Michaela

ps: just messing with ya :slight_smile:

Re: Celeste, You ARE the MAN… - Posted by Celeste-fl

Posted by Celeste-fl on February 24, 2009 at 11:03:53:

Thanks JT, I’m real happy with that yield. I tried the stock market for the first time in 2008 and make good money at the start.I thought this is easy, I could do no wrong and then it all turned and I lost my A$$. I got out and went back to what I know best.

Re: Doing Deals - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on February 23, 2009 at 12:43:10:

Yes, one is a VA loan, one is FHA and the other is VHDA (Virginia Housing Development Authority).

And, yes, the drinks were implied. Don’t call too early on Saturday. :slight_smile:

–Natalie

Re: Are these located in CA? - Posted by Rick Hall

Posted by Rick Hall on February 23, 2009 at 18:34:11:

I’m pretty sure… no matter HOW BAD IT GETS you won’t see those prices in CA!!!
At least not in any area you would want to buy!!!

No, Georgia n/t - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on February 23, 2009 at 14:40:48:

Re: List you last three Deals Here - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on February 23, 2009 at 10:21:01:

Are you closing through probate? I just made a very similar offer last
to week to an estate: taking over existing 1st loan and cash payment.
My concern is that the probate attorney, who is also a CPA, won’t be
keen on subject-to. However, the heirs no longer have the money to
pay the 1st and he remains unpaid. My offer would get him paid. You
never know. Kristine

Re: List you last three Deals Here - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on February 25, 2009 at 08:38:13:

Celeste,

I’m with you. It’s a matter of seeing opportunity and being willing to go for it.

Michaela

Re: List you last three Deals Here - Posted by brandoncbsre

Posted by brandoncbsre on February 25, 2009 at 03:58:30:

“I don’t see how I can get hurt at these prices”

This reminds of the rationalization that people make when buying stocks like Fannie, Freddie and GM right now. A 100% loss is a 100% loss whether you buy at .05 or $5.00.

The advantage of real estate is that is has a dividend that is nearly impossible to wipeout as long as the property is properly managed.

Keep buying this is gonna be another good year for those of us that are.

Brandon

Re: JT, I feel so overlooked… - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on February 25, 2009 at 08:14:37:

Michaela, don’t ever feel unappreciated–you are definitely the Queen of Everything REI!

Tye (a big fan)

Butch wax for the mohawk… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on February 24, 2009 at 14:10:35:

Michaela:

My bad, I failed to take note… Yes, those deals are HOT, HOT, HOT… no slight intended to you or your mohawk… :slight_smile:

Hopefully now the purple mane is standing tall once again. BTW, I know it is bad form to ask a lady her weight, but just tell me if you are north are south of 450 these days…? We simply haven’t kept up lately and I wouldn’t want to neglect you twice in one day… :slight_smile:

Are you still considering joining the ladies Wrestling tour…? The purple mohawk with the leopard tights and that doberman at your side is sure to be a big hit… I will be watching for you on TV if those plans are still on. Oh, and again, congrats on the deals. Toodles.

JT

Re: JT, I feel so overlooked… - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on February 25, 2009 at 08:47:07:

Oh, Tye,
go and butter me up - lol. Thank you for the nice words and I’m also certainly a fan of you and your informative posts

Michaela

Ooooh…yeah…give it to me, baby :wink: - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on February 24, 2009 at 15:26:24:

JT,
yes, that mane is standing tall and proud again.

Having almost reached the 500lbs mark, I had considered the wrestling, even put considerable practice in. I just sit on my opponent until he cries ‘uncle’. But every so often I can’t get the right position and the ‘enemy’ gets a good grib on my wooden leg and pulls it out of the socket. That kind of screws it up for me. And since my preference is ‘hot oil wrestling’ it’s really difficult to strap it back on.

So, now I’m thinking of becoming a enforcer. As the real estate market crumbles further, we will see beautiful neighborhoods slowly decline into slums. Boarded up houses, squatters, banks too far away to see what’s going on with their inventory - not understanding why nobody wants to buy. That’s where I come in: Before anybody can scream eviction, I will make a little visit to those squatters, with my herd of 1 doberman, 2 pitbulls, and 2 rottweilers and gently persuade them to please move into the house on the next street. And the banks will pay me handsomely.

Yeah, that’s it, that’s the ticket, that’s my future :wink:

Michaela