Renters...Finding Reliable ? - Posted by acw

Posted by acw on February 23, 2010 at 08:38:44:

Ok…got it.

However, Most Cities in America are BROKE! They are pulling in the carpet and dropping the awnings. Cutting back on everything.

Renters…Finding Reliable ? - Posted by acw

Posted by acw on February 21, 2010 at 11:45:46:

Looking to add some rental properties and was curious as how to find the best prospects.

Seems like the most profitable rentals r those in the lower to upper lower class neighborhoods, which means Section 8 renters.

But Section 8 renters are hard to come by in my area now (for some reason).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated…

Thanks

where are you? - Posted by DJ-nyc

Posted by DJ-nyc on February 22, 2010 at 10:05:27:

Section 8 renters are king here. They are getting picky too. Been hearing that Sec 8 is being phased out soon…

Check with your city zoning offices. Find out where the money is going… buy in that area. :slight_smile:
DJ-nyc

Re: Renters…Finding Reliable ? - Posted by Edwin

Posted by Edwin on February 21, 2010 at 20:29:32:

You want the best prospect in rentals to buy, or tenants, or both? I have 20 years experience, and the one mistake I regret making is not buying properties in better neighborhoods. They cost more, but they tend to have fewer tenant problems. And they appreciate better, so I’d strongly advise you against buying only the cheapest you can find, since invariably that also means crummy neighborhoods. Pay more for better neighborhoods. Sec. 8 renters are scarce here, too, (Sacramento) and I don’t really know why.

DJ-…one - Posted by acw

Posted by acw on February 22, 2010 at 11:11:15:

DJ,

Are you saying that an office in my City would know where the Section 8 money is going?

how would i find out?

thanks Bud…

DJ… - Posted by acw

Posted by acw on February 22, 2010 at 11:07:39:

Hey DJ,

Yeah…we talked about this before. I am in S.Fla, where the sun is always shining (sometimes directly into your eyes…but it beats shoveling snow).

Section 8 is difficult to get here and sometimes takes over 1 yr to get approved.

Yes…they are picky too.

Re: DJ-…one - Posted by DJ-nyc

Posted by DJ-nyc on February 23, 2010 at 08:30:45:

I’m saying see where any city improvement money is going and follow the money trail. Network with other LL’s and see what they are doing.
All the best in Sunny FL.
DJ-nyc