- Section 8- ...Is this Possible ? - Posted by acw

Posted by acw on December 28, 2009 at 04:54:40:

Sounds like you are referring to a Duplex or Triplex. Duplex is 2 units within 1 bldg and Tri or course would be 3 within 1 bldg.

• Section 8- …Is this Possible ? - Posted by acw

Posted by acw on December 27, 2009 at 12:54:49:

Is is possible to hold your Section 8 tenants responsible for maintaining your property? (or maybe partly).

Ex.
Can you structure a lease so that the tenant is responsible for maintaining or repairing the following items

-AC
-Appliances
-Electrical
-Plumbing
-etc

I am trying to find a solution to becoming a hassle free landlord…

~T

Re: - Section 8- …Is this Possible ? - Posted by Kenneth

Posted by Kenneth on December 27, 2009 at 14:18:43:

Tenants on section 8 have already shown an inability to take care of themselves,that is why they get government help in the first place,do you really expect them to fix an outlet?I get better than normal tenants in single family houss and tell them up front I expect them to take care of the place but section 8 I only rent to in marginal areas in 2 families or more units in 1 building.

Kenneth - Posted by acw

Posted by acw on December 27, 2009 at 16:14:45:

Kenneth…haha…yeah…i know…wishful thinking at best.

I was also thinking about giving someone a lease option and stating that they take care of the place. In other words…rent plus they take care of the maintenance. This particular property is located in a lower income neighborhood.

BTW…what is a “2 families or more units in 1 building?”

thanks…

~Tony

Re: Kenneth - Posted by Kenneth

Posted by Kenneth on December 27, 2009 at 19:01:19:

A lease option and they will be collecting rent from the other unit and they will not pay the taxes,insurance etc.You may want to consider 1 families if you do not need the cash flow.I own about 12 with a friend and they are the least management intense but we only break even but they will pay off in 10 years.I meant by 2 families or more units in 1 buildig as 2 units or 3 units or 4 units etc