True Rent Property Management Software - Has anyone used?

I’m currently using Quicken Rental Manager. The software is great and I’m really used to it. I also like the fact that there is no monthly cost. However, I really feel like I need something that’s mobile and I need something that doesn’t require backups. I also would like a way to communicate through an interface other than my phone/email. I also need an option for tenant screening/credit check.

I have been testing True Rent and so far so good. I like a lot of the features and its free. Is anyone else using? Also, does anyone know of other free management sites? Any thoughts on Buildium? Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Buildium is great for multiple units, but might be overkill for a bunch of single family rentals. For single families, we use Quickbooks and its fine. It akes a little tweaking for your liking. Houses are classed, and tenants are “jobs”. We use the mail merge feature to print late notices.

There’s a couple of good downloadable company templates you can find on the Internet if you search, that gives you great instructions on how to use Quickbooks for rental properties. I believe John Hyre still sells an inexpensive course on this website that fits the bill, for all types of real estate investing in Qbooks.

Real Estate Investor’s KISS Guide to Bookkeeping

Thank you. Great answer, Bill.

In case anyone is looking for it: John Hyre’s Real Estate Investor’s KISS Guide to Bookkeeping

No I never used this True Rent Property Management Software to manage rent or property. But I think softwares help greatly to reduce the cost and proper management of property.

I would say that software choice depends on the size of your company.

If you serve a large number of residents and buildings, you can try Dynamics Estate. Read its definitive guide to see if it fits.

No I dont use any software…