What sells best?

Got a house that I am re-habbing, MS Gulf Coast, and wonder should I put

a. Prego flooring

b. Laminate flooring

c. Carpet

d. combination, carpet in bed rooms, prego or laminate in Living and Kitchen?

What have you found that helps sell it fast?

Thanks for looking.

Depends a little on your local market.

I would think a combination of wood laminate and carpeting would work fine.

Wood laminate is affordable and has come a long ways in becoming a great product with perceived value now.

What do you plan to use in your kitchen, bath and laundry? Vinyl or Ceramic?

Jim

Probably go with carpet in the bedrooms, laminate in the living areas and hallways, tile in the baths and kitchen.

Yes, Laminate had indeed improved and is now very reasonable.

Good Luck,

Bill H

Engineered Hardwoods & Carpet

I would go with carpet in the bedrooms but use engineered hardwoods in the living areas.

Engineered Hardwoods are a step up from laminate and makes the house sell much faster. It is not as expensive as real hardwood but looks very much like it.

This makes the house sell much faster and it helps your product be different from other flippers.

Go to some open houses of new homes and look at what builders are putting into their property.

The home builder industry pays professionals to research what is selling best and what people are wanting. They also find out what colors that people are wanting. Professional home builders pay lots of money for this research and you can get it free by looking at houses they have just built.

I would go with engineered hardwood throughout all living areas except the bathrooms. People will like it and it will sell faster. Bathrooms can be ceramic or porcelain tile, vinyl tile or linoleum. If you decide to use vinyl tile or linoleum, get a quality, durable product.

Flooring

Depends on you local market and the price range of the property and whether you are keeping the property, renting or flipping.

Just did 5 kitchens with vinyl flooring. Did a laundry room with VCT, more durable than vinyl, especially for moving appliances.

One property did carpet everywhere except kitchen and baths.

Two house did laminate every where except kitchen and baths.

Another house laminate 1st floor rooms except kitchen and baths, then carpet on second floor.

Another house did vinyl kitchen and baths, and refinished existing real hardwood through the rest of the house except for carpet in family room.

If there is existing hardwood, I’ll expose it and refinsih if needed, sometimes just needs shined. I’ve even refinsihed southern yellow pine and in one place the attic floor was 100 years old and had never been finished, after sanding and refinishing looked like brand new.

I’d recommend wood laminate also. It looks nice and it holds up much longer than carpet. I find that tenants like this better than carpet because they don’t have to worry about cleaning it every year. Plus, if they damage or scratch a section, you can cut out that section and place it with a new one.