Is it easier to evict a short-term renter from a vacation home?

I am buying a vacation home (short-term rental) in the Disney/Orlando area. If for example, someone decides not to leave after the 1 or 2 weeks in the home, is he not trespassing and I can have the Police get him out of there asap, correct? Whereas a long term renter, you have to give notice, blah blah blah, see the judge, and maybe in 3-4 mos. they are FINALLY evicted.

James

Careful there!

Whole new ball game in LL/T relations and states have tilted way over to the Ts side these days and LLs’ actions are far more restricted than in recent past.

I’d urge any LL present or contemplated to find and read all his LL/T law in his state.

Not hard to find and “Landlord/Tenant” should find the topic and its legislation in your state statutes’ index.

I doubt that unless you’re operating a Hotel/Motel as permitted by your local statutes you’re probably required to give 30 days notice in any rental less-than-year or longer.

I’d recommend you talk to some local rental agents and pay them to lease or rent for you as they must stay current on and know LL/T law in their state…and not something you w your very limited knowledge should attempt.